Prunes, dementia and courage!
This is one of the funny stories.
Hunger is a very frightening force. When I am hungry, it becomes harder to perceive my surroundings and people, I have only the desire to quench it as soon as possible!
Ghrelin - what are you doing to me!
At 25, being a trainer, food was pivotal. It was "Leg Day," always boosting appetite. After the workout, an hour passed; it was lunchtime. In the kitchen, I found I'd left my meal at home. Not bothered, I went home for lunch. Ironically, my food was gone, eaten by someone else, which saddened me briefly. Hunger dominated, eclipsing rational thought. Opening the fridge, I saw a jar of prunes and nuts, along with sour cream. Pouring half the jar of prunes onto a plate, I added sour cream, sat, and ate.
Oh, this is tasty! - I mused, unaware of the prank it'd play. An hour and a half later, training a man, I sensed my stomach "twisting," irreversible processes ensuing, nearly catastrophic! Feeling "lax," I rushed to the toilet; the first time, I quickly coped, returning to training. But 10 minutes later, I had to run again; my stomach was in an uproar!
Thoughts of poisoning arose; I bought medication at the pharmacy. By the 4th time, I retreated home for comfort.
You know what's amusing?
The medicine failed; the next 3 days, even water triggered runs, dangerous in dehydration! I dreaded sleeping to avert accidents!
That's how, at 25, I learned prunes are potent laxatives; mind you, I devoured half a jar!

0 Comments