Friends, while I was writing the previous post, I got the idea to show you how it works. You will have an understanding that you should be careful on the Internet. After all, you are only one step away from leaking all your data, including even card numbers, photos and correspondence.
That's why I've created a rough template of what it might be like in real life, which may help you someday!
Meet my hobby and passion - Social Engineering!
I have nothing to do with making money through social engineering. I am only studying for the purpose of interest from a scientific point of view. And I do not encourage anyone to use social engineering in everyday life.
Subject: Urgent! Your PayPal account has been blocked!
Text:
Dear PayPal User,
We have noticed suspicious activity in your PayPal account and have been forced to lock it for security reasons.
To unlock your account, you need to:
Follow this link: [Insert malicious link that looks like an official PayPal link].
Enter your PayPal email address and password.
Follow the on-screen instructions.
If you do not unlock your account within 24 hours, it will be permanently deleted.
Regards,
PayPal team
P.S. Please do not reply to this email. For assistance, please contact us at [Insert fake email address that looks like a PayPal address].
Actually here's why this template will be effective:
A sense of urgency: the phrase ‘Urgent!’ and ‘within 24 hours’ creates the feeling that you need to act quickly without thinking.
Playing on fear: people may fear that their PayPal account will be locked permanently if they don't take action.
Familiar brand: PayPal is a well-known and respected brand, which can make people trust the email they receive.
Call to action: the template clearly tells people what they need to do.
Scammers can use different methods of deception, so I recommend checking everything twice.
I don't recommend you to use this template for real purposes.
Otherwise, sooner or later you will see a black Volkswagen Transporter under your windows!
Confessions of a Psychopath|Subscribe


0 Comments